Saturday 6 October 2012

goodbyes

goodbyes with loved ones who live in far away lands are so very painful... they leave an almost unbearable ache in the pit of my stomach.
 after saying goodbye at the airport to my dear big sister and her gorgeous family at the end of the summer, my head, my heart, my tummy, my feet felt achey with heaviness.
there is something so deeply connected about family. something unspoken and visceral - a familiarity and understanding so deep - the shared heritage, childhood experience, way of thinking, way of being. and a longing for our little ones to grow up knowing and enjoying each other... feeling that cousin connection that also runs so deep.
i wanted to eat this entire pile of pastries to comfort myself... but nothing could really fill the void of wanting their company and wanting it to be less time before i see them again.

1 comment:

thank you. i love your comments x